Many people who wear contact lenses for the first time don’t know how to wear them properly and take care of them, which often leads to bad things. As a starter, We need to focus on how to wear and know some basic rules. When you learn more, you will find that It is not difficult. How to care about color contacts well to avoid our eyes being irritated or even infected. Through this article, you will know what to do.
How to wear contact lenses rightly
From unpacking the package to wearing it, we will briefly introduce the steps of wearing it.
1. Please keep your hands and nails clean. Wash your hands with soap, and hand lotion, then Wipe dry with a paper towel or wait for drying.
2. Rinse fingers thoroughly with a multi-purpose contact lens solution. Pike your color lens up and thoroughly rinse each side of it with multipurpose contact lens solution, by putting some solution on it.
NOTICE: Fill your contact lens case with fresh lens solution, place your lenses in, screw the lid on, and leave your lenses to soak for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
3. Put the lens on the right index finger or your lens application tool.
4. Rinse each lens very thoroughly on both sides with a multi-purpose contact lens solution.
5. Open your eye widely by gently pulling the upper eyelid with the left middle finger and the lower eyelid with the left thumb.
6. Lift the upper eyelid over top of the eye and hold it there while looking side to side, then up and down for 5 seconds. Blink a few times. The lens will have positioned itself in the center of the pupil when you open your eye. If it is not positioned, repeat the previous step.
7. Pike your color lens up and thoroughly rinse each side of it with multipurpose contact lenses solution, by putting the solution on it
8. Fill your case with fresh lens solution, place your lenses in, screw the lid on, and leave your lenses to soak for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
9. Ok, everything is ready for, now just rinse each side again and pop them into your eyes.
Notice: You should use fresh lens solution whenever you need to place your lenses in it. To ask the merchant whether they provide the lens solution.
How to take off contact lenses
- Wash hands thoroughly.
- Rinse fingers thoroughly with a multi-purpose contact lens solution.
- Slide the lens off of the pupil with the index finger, then grasp it.
For maximum comfort, daily cleaning should be done. It is recommended to use a protein-removal solution at least once per week for freshness. Change the solution in the lens carrying case after each use.
Precautions about Wearing Period of contact lenses
We should know the Newly purchased colored contact lenses should be worn progressively over time. For the first day, it is better to wear it for two hours only. For the next days, add two hours each regularly. This will help you avoid eye strain. We don’t recommend you wear it for eight hours all the time. Additionally, It is also not a good idea for wearing them while you are sleeping. So extended wearing it is not recommended because it will increase the risk of infection and allergies. And it is easier to make your eyes strain. And you should notice that this is forbidden to wear when you go for a swim or when you’re sick with colds and the flu. Germs can easily transfer to your lenses when you put them on. Some medication can also make your eyes dry; thus, keep your contacts Clean.
The right step to Clean contact lenses
The right cleaning procedures here. Before starting the cleaning process, be sure that your hands are clean and dry. Open your palm and place your lens on it. Pour a few drops of the cleaning/care solution on the lens and gently massage it. After 15 or 20 seconds, then rinse both sides of the lens with the lens solution. It should be soaked in the solution for at least six hours before you can put them back on. Additionally, Your fingernails should be clean and short. You must be extra careful when putting on lenses as long fingernails may damage them.
How to Use Contact Lenses Consecutively
If you need to use your color contact lenses more regularly, like for two or three consecutive days, pick little time to soak and clean them using your lens care solution the night before you are to wear them. Make sure that the lens care solution is not used. You should change your lens care solution every day. Not doing so will expose you to germs and infections. Take off your lenses or use a protective covering (like sunglasses) when you know you will be exposed to dust and other foreign particles. Once dust enters your eyes, it will be irritated. For some people, this can lead to allergies. In other cases, dust entering the eyes can cause infection and pain.
Cautions of contact lens care
- Do not use if the sterile blister packaging is opened or damaged.
- Store lenses in multipurpose contact lens solutions.
- If sight becomes blurry due to the dry surface of the lens, supplement with lubricating eye drops.
- Do not exceed 6 hours of wear per day.
- Ensure the lens does not come into contact with soap, shampoo, hair spray, cosmetics, etc.
- Be careful not to damage lenses with fingernails.
We should pay attention to contact lens care and eye health. Hope you find this article helpful. We hope this complete guide will help you care for your eye well. If you have better suggestions, please contact us.